Thursday, August 03, 2006

Why do I still know the words to that song after all of these years?!!??!

I was driving home yesterday when a song from the 1990s came on, "I'm not your Superwoman"
They played the version with Patti LaBelle, Dionne Warrick and Gladys Knight.

I can't tell you the last time I heard that song, yet for some reason, I knew every word... and I mean every word of that song.

Yes, someone did a remake of it about five or six years ago, but come on, why were the words of that song stored away some where in my brain just waiting for me to call them to action?

I was really amazed as I sang it that I didn't have to think. As a matter of fact while I was singing it I was thinking about how amazing it was that I knew the words. I was smiling as they were flowing, and I was thinking, this is amazing.

I tell you, the brain is a powerful tool. Just think about all of the knowledge, tidbits and just junk we have collected over the years and are stored some where in the recesses of our brains?

No wonder individuals who are damaged as children have a hard time letting it go. The remembrance of the pain is stuck somewhere in our brains whether we acknowledge it on a daily basis or not.

Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home