Tuesday, July 11, 2006

If you think I'm stupid, don't tell me.

Have you guys noticed that commercials are "dumbing" themselves down to the consumers?
The sad part is that they don't think that we've notice.
Take the newest adds for Toyota. In one of the adds, a potential Toyota buyers balls up an offer, tosses it in the trash and says, "Nice try, but I know you never take the first offer."
The salesman then reaches into the trash can, pulls out the waded up paper and offers it to the potential buyer again. Of course, the potential buyers now thinks his "new" deal is great. Did he not noticed the crumpled paper?
What about the guy in the funny glasses or the guy who has Gatorade dumped over him for "making such a winning deal."
Toyota is trying to use humor, but they are saying we, the consumer, are stupid idiots who will believe anything.
I know that they they are making fun of the whole car-buying experience, but to me it's just another example of the dealers thinking we are stupid.
Don't you remember some of the tricks they've used? They did not get that reputation for being honest and above board?
No one and I do mean no one should buy a new car unless they are paying cash. If you are paying a car note and insurance each month, you are not financially free. And now the average car loan is for six years? Who wants to pay for a car for six years? Five years was bad enough, but six?
By the time my son is an adult, I wouldn't be suprised if people were being offered 10 year car loans.
Thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home