Monday, September 11, 2006

Just like my mom used to do....

As a child, I was always in awe of how my mom peeled an apple. She would take a knife, place it on an angle at the top of the apple, and within seconds, have a peeled apple and one of those long, thin curly peels.
I used to love watching her peel and apple.
And no matter how many times I tried, I never could learn her technique.
So eventually, I just gave up and began peeling them the way folks in the Army peeled potatoes.
It was not pretty, but it worked.
Well, it must be a mom thing because I can peel an apple just like my mom use to do it!!!
I am so proud of me.

">
Here's to happy eating. Yes, the skin is on the apple, but there are so many vitamins and minerals in the skin... I want him to eat that sometimes.

Shh... don't tell him that apple is good for him.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello happy apple peeler, it is a mom thing because my mom used to do the same thing when we where younger, this is you neice shale I just wanted to respond to you letting you know that I still look you and dion up just about 3 times a week, since you won't return phone calls

 

Post a Comment

<< Home