Thursday, May 25, 2006

I talked with the tall, curly haired, ball-busting, scrapbooking, list-making, journalist mom

the best, "I'll kick your ---, reporter that I know!!!!
At least, that's how a lot of people see her.
I just see her as a good friend, a good mother, a good reporter who lives on three hours of sleep, and does way too many craft projects. She is an Army version of Brea Vandecamp from "Desperate Housewives."
My friend, "the tall, curly haired, ball-busting, scrapbooking, list-making, journalist mom" and I have worked together for five years. Her husband is in the military and they are now living in Florida.
I miss the daylights out of her, even though we didn't see each other that much when she was here.
Though she is married, her husband was always away and I felt this kind of kinship with another "single mother."
She has two children, only 14 months apart:A sweet, beautiful little girl who seems to be smiling all the time. And then there's her son - a handsome little boy who loves his mother and his litter sister, but who like my son is all boy.
She loves her children. She had a kind of musical chair thing going at one time because they were in two different day care centers. I thought that was insane (and it was) until I had to do it for a while.
This girl is the most organized woman that I know. She always has a list of things to do. And boy, does she have things to do.
Aside from taking care of her two toddlers, she scrapbook, take photos, knits, sews, collects stuff and still manages to take her children on some kind of outing each week and make their Halloween costume.
Oh, did I say works full time?
She just amazes me. I am in awe of her and what she is able to accomplish. She was even offered a promotion while she was on vacation - a working vacation where she sent in stories.
Huh?
Anyway, she called the other day and I was so happy to hear from her. She is truly a great woman and a great friend. I don't have a picture of her, but picture a smiling, six-feet, tall woman with shoulder-length spiral sandy blonde hair who could kick your butt, if only she was better at directions.
I love you, "you the tall, curly haired, ball-busting, scrapbooking, list-making, journalist mom."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home