Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The most important people in my world

I love how happy my son looks in this photo. My mom, who turned 82 in February, looks happy, too.
Just thinking about them individually and together makes me smile.
My son will turn 2 on May 5. After attending several kiddie birthday party, (most of which were expensive) I've decided to hold his shindig at Chick-Fil-A. For $5 a child, the restaurant will provide the nuggets, French fries, fruit punch, ice crea, a toy, a balloon for each child and a worker to help me serve the kiddies and their parents. All I'll have to bring is the cake and maybe a few extra games and toys to keep the kids entertained. Chick-Fil-A also has a kids play area. This is working out well.
Yeah... I have a plan.
I held a party at my house for his Christening. That was too much work for me.
Since I live 800 miles from my family, none of them will be there. None of our extended family members will be there, either.
It will be a small gathering of children from his daycare and a few of my friends with children around his age. It should be fun.
Okay, I need help here. Does anyone have any ideas on what kinds of games and toys we can do between the nuggets, cake and the play area?

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Emilie said...

Your plan sounds fun! Sorry I don't have any games or toy ideas. I don't have a son. (Yet!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home