Thursday, April 20, 2006

Technology is not for the stupid.

If my editor knew how much time I spent today trying to figure out how to add a link to this blog, my next post would probably say, "will work for food."
Technology is great, but it is not for the stupid.
Today, I feel stupid.
I read and re-read the posting on how to add a link, yet, I still had difficulties.
I'm new to blogging, and I'm not that computer savvy. Basically what I've been able to learn so far is that you need some computer knowledge in order to create your own blog and do it well.
But the only way to learn is by trying.
Prior to today, I knew how to type on a computer. I knew how to do some basic searches. And I knew how to cut and paste.
If I needed something more advanced, I would get in touch with our able-body computer team and they would do it for me.
I must say that I am proud that I was able to do this without help.
In the long run, I benefit.
For me, blogging will be a way for me to advance my computer knowledge, which will in turn make me a more profitable commodity.

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Emilie said...

Cynthia, just out of curiosity, are you using a Mac or a PC? Mac, right, since you work in the "publishing" field? I've found that on a Mac, this site doesn't show those easy automatic link tools that it does when you post on a PC. (Or maybe you're on a PC and just had to find the tools.) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home