Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Ssssh! Mommy

While we were eating dinner last night, I started singing to you, Dion.
I must admit that I was signing rather loudly and rather badly.
Anyway, you started telling me, "No mommy, No!. Stop!. No Mommy!.
But the more you pleaded with me, the more I sang.
Then, you stuck your index finger to your lips and said, "Ssssh" a technique you've seen me do dozens of times in church and other places.
It worked because I did stop, if for no other reason than to think about how you amaze me and how much you have grown and are maturing.
You are growing up so fast. I know that's a cliche', but it is so true.

You are off the bottle. You no longer sleep in a crib. I was near tears the day I took your crib apart and put up the toddler's bed, which you love by the way.
You know, babies look so small next to you now. But still in my head, you are my baby.
Heck look how old I am and your grandmother still refers to me as her baby.
I know it's my job to prepare you for the world, to train you, to teach you and to let you become the man you will become one day.
But would I be selfish if I wanted you to slow down?
Yes, I know I would be.

Go my child and grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home