Thursday, April 20, 2006

15 Days and counting.


My son will turn 2 on May 5 - Cinco de Mayo.
I have less than two weeks to plan a birthday party for him, and I have no idea what I want to do.
Chuck E. Cheese is too expensive.
I don't want to spend all of that money at ArtQuest.
I don't want to spend a lot of money at the Children's museum.
But I do want to do something to honor the day.
Let's be honest, at this age, he could care less about a party. It's all about me and my wants.
But I want to do something speicial.
I never had birthday parties growing up. I think I may have had two cakes that were made for me.
I don't remember much about them or if they were ever acknowledge.
I know my mother and father loved me, but my family was not into birthdays. That tradition will have to change with my family.

4 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Emilie said...

Oh, I love this. I love that you want to make birthdays meaningful in your family - I think that's so important and makes a kid feel so loved! Personally, ChuckECheez does sound expensive (and hectic). Maybe you could do something special for him at home - something simple that he'd enjoy, like cupcakes with candles in them ... and maybe some Mexican music for Cinco de Mayo. You could even invite a few friends over, if that's your thing. And take lots of pictures, so he can remember it when he's older. Whatever you do, I think Dion will know how much his mother loves him!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Emilie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a test to see if I can post here.

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello

 

Post a Comment

<< Home